Thunder Day for Kids on Autism Spectrum
Camp Hi-Ho and Norton Children’s Hospital recognize the unique challenge that kids on the autism spectrum can have making & keeping friends. We’ve organized “Thunder Day” for these special children and their siblings, grades 3-8. To ensure that every child has loads of fun and meets lots of friends, space is limited, so please respect our request that only families who have children with Asperger’s or Autism (high functioning) register to participate.
- Questions can be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Saturday, April 21, 2018 from 10am – 2pm
- This event is FREE for all participants
- Rain Cancels
- This is for children grades 3rd-8th
- Siblings without Autism or Asperger’s are welcome
- Please bring a sack lunch, and wear comfortable clothes!
- Bus transportation is available. We will have a pick-up and drop-off at Norton Children’s Medical Center (4910 Chamberlain Ln, Louisville, KY 40241). Please drop your camper(s) off before 9:15am, and be there to pick them up at 2:30pm.
Most of our activities will be open-fishing (poles and bait provided), boating (canoes, kayaks & paddle boats), sports, forts (no water guns please), zip line, rope and tire swings, archery, arts & crafts, and thanks to Norton Children’s Hospital each participant will receive a free tee-shirt! Children who attend must be able to function independently or if not, be accompanied by a family member or other adult who can provide individual assistance, as needed. Everyone should bring a sack lunch (water will be provided) and come dressed for outdoor fun. To ensure that every child has loads of fun and meets friends, space is limited, so only families who have children with Asperger’s or autism (high functioning) should register above.
We are also in need of volunteers, so please e-mail us if this interests you. Volunteers must be 16 years or older, and arrive at 8:30am on April 21st for a brief orientation. You will receive a free lunch and tee-shirt.